Sooo, I've been contemplating re-starting one of these for a long time. I had a blog in college, and truth be known, I was a big fan. I think there is something to this whole writing about the things that are going on in your life thing. I'm an even bigger fan of being able to go back years later and see the things you lived in a whole new light. I must have spent four hours one evening just going back and reading years' worth of memories (some about which I had completely forgotten)-- laughing, crying, and laughing until I was crying. It was amazing.
And then I stumbled upon a little entry I wrote nearly five years ago, about things I'd like to accomplish in the next five years. It was unbelievably sobering. Since I spent four and a half years not thinking about this list, I realized that I was really only able to cross off two, maybe three, items. I'm not okay with this. The goals certainly weren't out of reach, and while some have changed with time and experience, the majority are things I really still would like to do. So that became my goal for this "year". I have seventeen months left until my set time frame expires. Okay, so technically, I have five. But I'm allowing myself to count the entire 27th year, not just the date I turn 27, which was the original plan.
Life happened and I didn't even realize it. Somewhere along the way I got caught up in the routine, and years just slipped by. And it's not that they were wasted; they were good years. Hard years, particularly at TC, but valuable, good years. It's time for a different focus, though. It's time to take steps towards the goals, the dreams, and the aspirations.
I'm taking on the list.
Game on.
No comments:
Post a Comment