Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm still alive. I swear.

Sooooo life got a little crazy.

I went back to Indianapolis for the month of May. One of the girls I counseled at TC in my first two years working there got married, and it was one of the most beautiful days I've ever experienced. The restoration was so apparent, and I was so humbled to be able to be a part of it.



Then, in June, I left to come back to Florida. I was able to work at my summer camp for the 8th year (I think that's what we figured out?), and I still love it. I can't tell you how much I love the innocence of those children, still believing in princesses and superheroes. It just breathes life into my soul.

July was an eventful month as well. I had been undecided about whether I'd be able to start my Master's this fall, as I was a little concerned about the money. After talking with mom, I figured it was one of those things that I probably wouldn't ever really feel like it was the ideal time to do, and really, it's the most basic foundation that I need to keep going with the dreams for tomorrow. So I applied, was accepted, and even got a small scholarship that I didn't apply for. All the doors opened, so I walked through! We also went up to New England, and I got to see my wonderful friends, Jon and Jocelyn. I always love to show off my New England to my friends.


August came and first my favorite baby boy came to stay with us for a few days. Silas and Stacia came down after a wedding weekend in Orlando, where I got to play the devoted Auntie babysitter. I loved it. It was great to have Stace here as well. Most of my friends from this area have moved on to new locations and adventures, so it was great to have her around. At the end of the month, I started school. I'm taking three courses to get familiar with the format, which apparently is full time in a Master's program. My three classes are Research Design, Human Development and Character Education, and Character Education. I know, they seem a little redundant, but they're actually all very different. I've learned a lot and have really enjoyed them so far... though I must say that I loooooathe group work. It's difficult enough in a real classroom setting, but online? That's just silly. I've been working part time for my mom, because the school says one should budget about 3 hours per credit hour every week. So I spend anywhere from 25-30 hours each week on school, and then work 25-30 hours for mom.

Before I knew it, October was here! Yes, I know I skipped September. School took over my life. Ha. :) Side note: May I just say that every state should be required to have Fall? I keep seeing people at football games in jackets and coats, and really, I just don't think it's fair.

Anyway, two of my classes end in the next few weeks, which is very different from Southeastern, but is great for my overall schedule as we get closer to the holidays. Speaking of the holidays, I'm already hooked. I went to Hallmark for their ornament debut (even though it was 85 freaking degrees outside), and may have been super excited about the Christmas music they had playing.

Okay, so this has been super random and updatey.

I'll try to do better with keeping up with it. :)

1 comment: